Sunday, March 9, 2008

All Prejudices have been perished:))


This term, we have taken our last course about practice teaching, and our school is METU college as you all know. At the very beginning, I'm so happy that the school is so near us to go easily:)) So, at the very begining my first impression ,which is positive, started in the RING as I was going to school like going to my departure:))
When I was entering the school gate, I had been full of prejudice against private school. But I must admit that after seeing nice, smiling teachers and clever pupils in the school garden, I changed totally my mind. Also, it is so well-organized school for students that I even wanted to have studied there in my childhood:))To see little faces speaking English with no Turkish made me embarrased and be happy. Moreover, I didn't expected such a nice mentor teacher. She is very effective teacher and her attitude towards us was so appreciative that I like her very much. Her helpful manners, encouraging behaviours made us felt comfortable in the class.
On the whole, I must confess that I am so regretful for the sentence " oh no! I don't want to go that stupid school!" which I uttured in the first time I learned the school where I would do my practice teaching. As you see, I am full of positive impressions about the school for the first week. I hope, all the term would be full of good impressions and we would be pleased to go there! Let's see what would happen throughout the term:)) I wish all my prospective colleagues good luck;))

2 comments:

Burhan Kara said...

You are right. I was also full of prejudices but I saw that they were wrong. But I saw the power of money:))

Yeşim Kabacaoğlu said...

It is really nice to be practicing in that school İlknur. I should confess that the students realy made me surprised too. They speak English very well and they are very cute:)As your prejudice about college, I have had prejudices about elementary schools. In fact I have never wanted to teach in elementary schools until this term but in my first practice in elementary school, I have understood that it will be a different and enjoyable and satistfying experience..Let's see what will happen throughout the term:)